Malayalam actor Jishnu Raghavan passed away at the age of 35 after prolonged battle with cancer. He passed away on Friday morning at a hospital in Kochi. Jishnu was battling throat and lung cancer for quite some time and was undergoing treatment at the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS). He breathed his last at 8.15 AM on Friday, a hospital spokesperson said.
Jishnu was diagnosed with cancer two years ago and had been completely cured of it. But his cancer relapsed last year and since then he had been undergoing treatment for the same.
Jishnu was the son of famous Malayalam actor Raghavan. He is survived by wife Dhanya Rajan, who is an architect by profession.
DIFFICULT WORDS AND MEANINGS
- Prolonged: continuing for a long time or longer than usual
- Battle: struggle tenaciously to achieve or resist something.
- Undergoing: experience or be subjected to
- Diagnosed: identify the nature of the medical condition
- Relapsed: deteriorate after a period of improvement.
Source: The Indian Express