The Haryana Cabinet on Tuesday unanimously passed the Jat Reservation Bill in the Vidhan Sabha. The bill proposes to include Jats and five other castes in backward classes by bifurcation.
The move came a day after protesters threatened to resume their agitation if their demands were not met by March 31, the last day of the Vidhan Sabha’s Budget Session.
The draft reservation bill proposed six per cent reservation for Jats and four other castes in Class-I and II government jobs, and 10 per cent reservation for the five castes in educational institutions and Class III and IV government jobs.
DIFFICULT WORDS AND MEANINGS:
- Unanimously: without opposition; with the agreement of all people involved
- Proposes: put forward (a plan or suggestion) for consideration by others
- Bifurcation: the division of something into two branches or parts
- Agitation: the arousing of public concern about an issue and pressing for action on it
- Draft: thefirst form of any writing, subject to revision, copying etc.
Source: Indian Express